I am an Assistant Professor in mathematics at North Carolina State University. Before coming to NC State, I was an Assistant Adjunct Professor for the Program in Computing at UCLA Department of Mathematics working with Dr. Andrea Bertozzi.
I completed my Ph.D. in Mathematics at Duke University under the guidance of Dr. Thomas P. Witelski.
My research interests lie in nonlinear partial differential equations, scientific computing, and data-driven mathematical modeling, with a focus on their applications in physics, engineering, and medicine.
My research is supported by NSF Award DMS 2309774 and the Simons Foundation MPS-TSM.
Here is my CV.
I am a co-organizer of the Computational and Applied Mathematics (CAM) Seminar
at NCSU. Here are some recorded seminar talks.
Current Teaching (Fall 2023)
- MA/CSC 580 Numerical Analysis I
Recent Conferences and Outreach Activities
- August 20 - 25, 2023: Pejman Sanaei and I co-organized a minisymposium “On mathematical modeling and simulation of droplets” at ICIAM in Tokyo.
- Summer 2023: I mentored REU project on “Mathematical modeling of liquid metal dynamics” as part of the 2023 DRUMS REU program.
- Summer 2023: I served as a faculty mentor for the SECU Rural Works! Internship program organized by NCSU Career Development Center.
- June 7 - 10, 2023: I served as a faculty mentor in the Graduate Student Mathematical Modeling Camp (GSMMC).
See more details
Recent Research Highlight
- H. Ji, P. Sanaei, Mathematical model for wetting and drying in filter membranes, Physical Review Fluids 8, 064302 (2023).
- D. Ko, H. Ji, Y. S. Ju, Prediction of pore-scale flow in heterogeneous porous media from periodic structures using deep learning, AIP Advances 2023; 13 (4): 045324.
- D. Ko, H. Ji, Y. S. Ju, Prediction of 3D velocity field of reticulated foams using deep learning for transport analysis, Transport in Porous Media, 148, 577–604 (2023).
- K. D. Hillaire, H. Ji, K. E. Daniels The Formation of Instabilities In Oxidizing Eutectic Gallium Indium on an Inclined Plane, APS March Meeting 2022 [Poster]
- H. Xia, V. Suliafu, H. Ji, T. M. Nguyen, A. L. Bertozzi, S. Osher, B. Wang. Heavy Ball Neural Ordinary Differential Equations. 2021 NeurIPS.