I am an Assistant Professor in mathematics at North Carolina State University.
My research interests lie in nonlinear partial differential equations, scientific computing, and data-driven mathematical modeling.
Before coming to NC State, I was an Assistant Adjunct Professor for the Program in Computing at UCLA Department of Mathematics working with Dr. Andrea Bertozzi.
I completed my Ph.D. in Mathematics at Duke University under the guidance of Dr. Thomas P. Witelski.
Here is my complete CV.
I am co-organizing the Numerical Analysis Seminar at NCSU this year. Here are some recorded seminar talks.
Current Teaching (Spring 2023)
- MA/CSC 780 Numerical Analysis II
Recent Research Highlight
- K. D. Hillaire, H. Ji, K. E. Daniels The Formation of Instabilities In Oxidizing Eutectic Gallium Indium on an Inclined Plane, APS March Meeting 2022 [Abstract] [Poster]
- H. Xia, V. Suliafu, H. Ji, T. M. Nguyen, A. L. Bertozzi, S. Osher, B. Wang. Heavy Ball Neural Ordinary Differential Equations. 2021 NeurIPS. [Proceedings]
- H. Ji, R. Taranets, M. Chugunova, Qualitative analysis of travelling wave solutions for a model of a liquid film flowing down a fiber, European Journal of Applied Mathematics, 2021, 1-30 [Journal] [arXiv]
- H. Ji, C. Falcon, E. Sedighi, A. Sadeghpour, Y. S. Ju, A. L. Bertozzi, Thermally-driven coalescence in thin liquid film flowing down a fiber, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 916, A19 (2021). [Journal]
- H. Ji, A. Sadeghpour, A. L. Bertozzi, Y. S. Ju, Modeling film flows down a fibre influenced by nozzle geometry, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, volume 901 Rapids, (2020) [Journal] [arXiv]
- Y. Dukler, H. Ji, C. Falcon, A. L. Bertozzi, Theory for undercompressive shocks in tears of wine. Physical Review Fluids 5, 034002 (2020). [Journal] [arXiv]